Applications are not currently open for the YNPN Portland Board.
Board members are responsible for accomplishing our mission: supporting the development of young professionals to strengthen their role in a viable, inclusive, and collaborative nonprofit sector.
Serving on the YNPN Portland Board is a great opportunity to put your skills to use and take your involvement with YNPN to the next level as we build the systems and capacity of our organization. It's also a great way to focus on your own professional development by enhancing your leadership skills and expanding your network.
Ideal board candidates have:
- A commitment to social justice and an understanding of the importance of equipping a deep, diverse bench of nonprofit leaders with the skills and networks they’ll need to make an impact
- The ability to balance idea generation with execution
- Demonstrated interest in the areas noted in the job description (gained via formal or informal experience)
- Enthusiasm for working with a nimble, startup-esque organization that has a developing infrastructure
- Willingness to not just “do” but also help develop systems and make our work sustainable
YNPN is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse group of volunteers, and we look for candidates who have demonstrated comfort with equity and inclusion. People of color, people with disabilities, individuals with non-traditional education backgrounds, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are encouraged to apply. If we can make applying easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure if board service is right for you? You can also get more involved by volunteering on one of our committees.